Our Vision: A Canada that honours our medical heroes – those of the past, present and future
Our Mission: The Canadian Medical Hall of Fame recognizes and celebrates Canadian heroes whose work has advanced health, thereby inspiring the pursuit of careers in the health sciences.
Established in 1994 and located in London Ontario, the Canadian Medical Hall of Fame is a national charitable organization that carries out its mission through:
- induction ceremonies held annually
- educational opportunities for thousands of students across Canada (Discovery Days, Museum School and our Scholarship Program)
- an exhibit hall that features a laureate portrait gallery
EXPLORE our 20th Anniversary timeline HERE
Learn more through our featured VIDEOS...
Our Organizational Partners
The Canadian Medical Hall of Fame is grateful for the longstanding relationships we share with our partners:
- Canadian Medical Association
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- College of Family Physicians of Canada
- The City of London
Our organizations share the mutual vision of contributing to a vibrant health care system in Canada. Working together we celebrate the accomplishments of individuals who have made, and are making, significant contributions to medicine and health in Canada and the world. We are grateful to them for sharing their experience, passion and expertise to foster the medical leaders of tomorrow.
Making Medicare: The History of Health Care in Canada, 1914 – 2007, a great source of historical references and online educational tools.
This website was funded in part by the Government of Ontario