We accept nominations at any time; however, the deadline for each annual induction is the last Monday in June preceding the next induction ceremony.
All nominations are held confidentially by the CMHF.
Nominators are not required to seek the approval of their nominee. Please note the CMHF will not, however, announce to the public or induct a successful nominee without their consent or the consent of their next-of-kin.
Organizations can serve as nominators but only individuals can be nominated.
Nominations must be submitted according to the following guidelines:
- For nominations made by individuals, two individuals must serve as nominators and they are required to submit a nomination letter either individually or co-signed.
- For nominations made by an organization, one nomination letter signed on behalf of the organization is sufficient.
- A nomination form must also be completed with particular attention given to the citation in which the contribution(s) justifying the nominee’s induction into the Hall of Fame is clearly stated in a brief paragraph (maximum 250 words).
- Mandatory components include:
- A curriculum vitae (or a letter explaining why one is not available)
- A one-page biography, providing the essential details that have built the nominee's reputation
- A MAXIMUM of two supporting letters, apart from the nomination letter(s). For nominations in the 'Leadership in research with national and international recognition for scientific contribution' category, it is strongly recommended that at least one supporting letter be submitted from an individual from outside Canada who is a recognized scientific leader in the nominee’s field. Additional support letters in excess of the first two uploaded will not be forwarded to the Selection Committee.
- A MAXIMUM of six additional pages such as news and journal articles are optional. Please note that support letters received within these additional pages will not be reviewed.
STEPS TO COMPLETE:
- PRINT/REVIEW a PDF of the Nomination Form before you begin so you know what to prepare.
- PROCEED to the Nomination Web Form. If you have troubles viewing the web form as it is embedded on our site, please try viewing the form directly.
Please contact the office with any questions: 519-488-2003 or email Janice McNorgan at jmcnorgan [at] cdnmedhall.org
The selection process occurs in early September. All nominators will be notified of the outcome of their nomination after the successful candidates have been notified and before the public announcement in October.